It took 14 months, but I think it's safe to say that Payton is officially sleeping through the night. All night in her own crib! WOO HOO! FINALLY!
She's had sleep problems since the day she was born. She was never a good napper, and I still can't put her down in her crib to fall asleep at night, she usually has to fall asleep in the swing. I know, I know, very bad mommy! We tried CIO with her and it did NOT work. Actually, I think it backfired and made her sleeping problems worse! So then she ended up in our bed every night. Against Chris's wishes of course, but it was so much easier to pull her into bed with me when she woke up at 1, 2, 3, or 4:00 am!
I always thought that I would NEVER allow my bed to turn into a "family bed". Kids belonged in their own beds, not in mine. Well, one thing having twins has taught me is to never say never. I will never judge someone for the way they decide to parent or do things ever again. You just never know how you will handle a situation until you're forced to face it. Especially if it has to do with sleep, which is so important!
And then there is the teething. People always ask me if they're teething when I talk about her sleeping issues. With multiples, you are in a constant state of teething, one of them always seems to be cutting a tooth. I'm hoping that this sleeping through the night is not short lived, and doesn't mean that she's just not teething at this very moment.
Then there's my sweet Killian, who since day one has been a wonderful sleeper. I can put him down at naptime or bedtime, and he just rolls over and falls asleep. What a good boy! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ok, so you're so not a bad mommy! Everyone has an opinion and when they have it all figured out it only means they have THEIR child figured out. LOL
It can't be easy, and they are healthy and beautiful, what more could you ask for????
Post a Comment