For our 3-year wedding anniversary, Chris and I went on a one-night mini vacation. It's been almost 2 years since we have been able to do anything like that! Killian and Payton stayed with Grandma and Papa. I was really nervous about leaving them overnight, not that I was concerned that something would happen, but that I would miss them so much that I wouldn't enjoy myself. I did miss them a lot, but I did enjoy myself too, the break was nice, and I think we really needed it.
We went to Morongo Casino, and it was so much fun! We went to a restaurant on the top floor and we ate one of the most expensive dinners I've ever had! It was nice to sit and eat dinner together and have a real conversation without "pass the sippy" or "more cheerios?" involved. Our room was really nice and we got room service in the morning before we left - a first for both of us. The best part - we came home winners! I'm not a big gambler, so coming home with $100 more than I left with is such a big deal to me! And Chris won so much money at blackjack!
I couldn't get home fast enough on our way back. I seriously felt like I was having physical withdrawals from the kids one point. It sure was nice getting home and kissing their squishy cheeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am glad you had fun on your WELL DESERVED time away, Love you guys, Tanya
Post a Comment