Jacey’s 13tth birthday isn’t for another 5 weeks (3 days before Christmas), but we had her birthday party today so as not to compete with Christmas schedules. Between the four kids – combined, this was my 26th birthday over the past 13 years – this was the easiest, no-stress, virtually effortless birthday party I’ve ever thrown.
We had it at the roller rink. I called, gave them my credit card number, and we showed up (sans Chris and the twins), had the party, and went home. I didn’t need to bring anything except the cake, we didn’t need to clean up (although I did) and we had fun! I invited our friends Teddy & Tanya to hang out with me while the group of teenage girls skated and avoided me at all costs because they probably think I’m an old dorky mom. Jacey had a really good time, and just in case you’re concerned, no, she didn’t have any physical withdrawals from not texting for 2 ½ hours while she was skating.
If you want to see pictures, email me (babycrazyx2 at gmail dot com) and I’ll send you the link to the album. Jacey wore a shirt with the name of her school on it, so I don’t want to post them online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment