Jacey and Bryleigh have been keeping busy with summer camp. Jacey attended softball camp last week. And next week she will be going to a sleep-away YMCA camp for 8 days and Bryleigh will be attending a local horseback riding camp for the week. They go swimming every day at their regular camp, and go on a weekly field trip. So far this summer they have been to the zoo, the beach, Knotts Berry Farm and Raging Waters.
It's been crazy getting them all in different places every morning before work. There have been two weeks so far this summer that I have three separate drop-offs and pick-ups before and after work. Thank goodness I have the best job ever and they are so accommodating. It doesn't hurt that I work at a school too, so the summer hours are super flexible. I guess it's just good practice for the upcoming school year, where I will have three different drop-offs (two different schools for the girls, and my moms for the twins) every morning.
Chris and I went on vacation last week! Just the two of us! That is the first time we've gone away for more than 24 hours in over 2 years. The twins stayed with my mom for two nights and 3 days. We went to Havasu for one of our best friend's 30th birthday. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing. Although it was nice to get away and have a break, I was so ready to come home. I missed the kids more than I can describe. The five hour drive home was terrible, I just wanted to get back to them as soon as possible. The twins have so much fun at Grandma and Papa's house, I don't think they realized we were gone for so long. And Chris and I are very strict with them, so they had a lot of fun at Grandma's where they can get away with a lot more. :)
We had a bit of an emergency yesterday. Payton had an accident while playing outside at my mom's house. Not 5 minutes after arriving for my mom's birthday party, Payton walked into Bryleigh's spinning hula hoop. It hit her eyelid and cut it. We spent a few hours in the emergency room. She didn't need stitches, the doctor just taped it up. I think it looks a lot worse than it is or feels to her. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, although it does look very uncomfortable. Payton is a tough kid. She's totally crazy and wild and seems to have a high tolerance for pain. She jumps off of furniture, sometimes head first, and she loves to play rough. While in the waiting room at the ER, she was climbing onto the tables & chairs and doing headstands on the ground - all while her eye is bleeding and swelling. Although I hope this was the last trip to the ER we'll have to make with her, I wouldn't bet on that. I didn't put pictures of her injury on this page, as some of you may not want to see it. But if you do, you can go here to see them. A warning that if you are squeamish when it comes to injuries, you may not want to look at them.
I have A LOT of pictures on this post. Enjoy....
Eating with our new "big kid" plates.
Payton loves to collect things
Killian with his cousin Michael (1 month old)
Grandma's birthday present. Canvases with each of the kids' handprints. From redenvelope.com



1 comment:
It was so nice to see all of you yesterday. I'm so happy that Payton's injury wasn't any more serious. That was a scary start to the party. Big hugs and kisses from Great Aunt Barbie. Fantastic present you gave your mom for her birthday. What a great idea. I'm sure she will cherish it.
Love you all,
Barbie
Post a Comment