Yes, two posts in one day, and no, I'm not sick, I just don't feel like editing the previous post. This is a funny a story, I thought you may want to laugh at my expense.
This morning was rough. Killian didn't sleep well last night, which means I didn't sleep well either. We were all cranky and tired and by the time their morning nap time came around, I was ready to take one too! I was really looking forward to it actually. So, at 10:30, they'd eaten breakfast and were ready for their nap. I put them down and they would not stop screaming, especially Killian. I went and checked on them every 5 minutes, then after the third check-in, I realized that Killian was crying because he was pooping. I knew there were no diapers downstairs because I had to use the two in the diaper bag earlier in the morning, so I went into the girls' room to get another pack. Well, there weren't any!
Someone else in the house must have pulled the last pack of diapers from my usually well-stocked stash, therefore I didn't know we were using the last of them. And my monthly delivery of diapers from diapers. com was not scheduled to arrive until at least tomorrow!
So, I have two very tired babies, one with poop - oops - make that TWO with poop by this time - one tired mommy who is still in her pajamas and hasn't brushed her teeth, and we all have to make a very necessary trip to the grocery store.
Thank goodness that I didn't pack up and give to charity the lot of cloth diapers I used as burp rags for the first year! I was able to make temporary diapers out of them, held up by their shorts. I think they actually liked them too! I'm sure they were more comfortable than the disposables. For a second I thought, "I should switch to cloth diapers for the remainder of their diaper days." But, then I remembered Jacey's time in cloth diapers - and then I came back to reality!
Okay, so we made it to the store and back....with no accidents....the make-shift diapers worked)!
Here they are FINALLY sleeping in their stroller after we returned. And I didn't get my nap. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment